Trouble viewing? Read this email on the web.
As the legislative session draws to a close, Advocates for Ohio’s Future wants to thank you for your ongoing efforts in strengthening every community in our state by maintaining vital public services. With summer beginning and state lawmakers taking some time off, we developed a short checklist of activities for you (or your organization) to continue strengthening your community through advocacy.
- Endorse Advocates for Ohio's Future. Join over 300 organizations across the state in support of public funding for health, human services, and early care & education.
- Get involved. It’s summertime, so lawmakers will be back home in their districts. Make sure to reach out to your state representative and senator at community events or town hall meetings and let them know why public services are important to you. Find local contact info here.
- Organize. Even better, invite your legislator to attend a program you run (or volunteer at) or a community event you are involved in! For ideas on how to get lawmakers to show up to your program or events and what to talk to them about, click here for a planning resource.
- Connect with us. Advocates for Ohio’s Future would love to come and speak to your community this summer about our mission, goals, the work we do to, and discuss how you can get involved with the work. Please invite us, and we’ll find a time.
- Learn more. As you talk to people about solutions to strengthen families and communities in Ohio, we have data for you to share! Just click on your county on this interactive map of Ohio.
- Tell your story. The stories in the OhioSPEAKS gallery come from people all across Ohio. Individuals and organizations share stories with us to help increase lawmakers' understanding of how public services strengthen families and communities. Submit your story today.
- Build our network. As we prepare for the next state budget, we need to strengthen our voice. With over 300 organizations already endorsing AOF, you can help us reach 350. You can reach out to organizations you know and work with in your community and encourage them to endorse. Just use this resource to send a few emails and help us build our coalition.
As a bonus, people or organizations that encourage five or more new organizations to endorse get an amazing prize . . . which is . . .
I will participate in a planning meeting for a state budget forum in your community. How cool is that!
Thank you for all your support.
Will Petrik, Outreach Director