Trouble viewing? Read this email on the web.
You may have noticed that Medicaid expansion has been in the news a lot lately. It's kind of a big deal. You can help shape the debate around Medicaid expansion and the state budget by submitting a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
If you're interested, we've listed Op-eds and Editorials from newspapers across Ohio here. Each piece highlights why Medicaid expansion is a win-win for the state of Ohio.
A decision to include Medicaid expansion in the next state budget will:
- help Ohio realize nearly $1.4 billion in savings through 2022
- create over 30,000 jobs through 2022; and
- result in nearly 500,000 uninsured Ohioans gaining health coverage
We need you to help keep the conversation front and center. Will you write a letter to the editor (LTE) urging lawmakers to include Medicaid expansion in the state budget?
Click here to send a letter to the editor today.
It's an easy process.
- Enter your zip code to locate a newspaper near you.
- Pick a newspaper (or send to more than one).
- You'll see a sample letter and talking points you can pull from.
- Please personalize your letter (refer to a story or editorial in the newspaper, tell a personal story, or edit the text provided) for added impact. For more tips on how to write a letter to the editor, click here.
- Log Your LTE: Click here to so we can track which newspapers are hearing from all of our supporters.
Submit your letter to the editor to your paper now.
Thanks for your commitment to strengthen families and communities in Ohio.
Will Petrik, State Director