Trouble viewing? Read this email on the web.
Join Advocates for Ohio's Future, supporters and organizations across the state by calling and emailing your State Representative today to support extending health coverage to 275,000 Ohioans in the state budget.
Our goal is to show the Ohio House of Representatives that Ohioans support Medicaid expansion.
Our message is simple: Please keep Medicaid expansion in the budget, we can’t afford not to expand coverage.
Instructions for Call In Day
Step 1: Email your State Representative
- Click here.
- Fill out your zip code (and address if needed).
- Edit / personalize the form email. It makes your message more effective.
Step 2: Call your State Representative
- Use this link to find out your Representative's phone number - just fill in your zip code and address to get his / her number.
- Call the number and use one of the following sample scripts:
One Sentence Message:
“Please keep Medicaid expansion in the budget, we can’t afford not to expand coverage.”
“I’m calling to urge Representative (insert Rep’s name) to keep Medicaid Expansion in the budget. If we choose not to extend Medicaid, Ohio taxpayers will pay an additional $404 million over the next two years, lose $2.4 billion($13 billion over seven years) of Ohioans’ federal tax dollars to support Ohio’s priorities, and put at risk local mental health and addiction services. We can’t afford not to extend Medicaid in the state budget.”
Step 3: Log Your Call
- Click here to log your call so we can track how many calls House members received in support of the extending health coverage in Ohio.
Step 4: Spread the Word
- Forward this message to a friend
- Click on the Facebook and Twitter icons on the top of this page to share with your friends and followers
Thanks for making these calls, spreading the word, and your commitment to strengthen families and communities in Ohio.
Will Petrik and Gail Clendenin