Late Friday, we heard the Ohio House does not have the votes to pass Medicaid expansion and extend health coverage to 275,000 Ohioans in the state budget.
There's still time for the Ohio House to choose people over politics and extend health coverage to low-wage Ohioans, but we need your help.
Join Ohioans across the state at the Statehouse in Columbus to stand up and make our voices heard.
- When: Thursday, April 11 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Where: The Ohio Statehouse (1 Capitol Square, Columbus, Ohio 43215)
- What: YOU and Ohioans from across the state rally to support extending health coverage to 275,000 Ohioans.
Click here to register for the rally for healthy, working Ohioans.
Even if you're not able to join (or if you are), there are lots of other ways you can help. Get involved in 2 steps.
1. Spread the word on email and social media
- Share this email about the rally with your friends and colleagues.
- Join and share the “People! Not Politics.” Facebook event at bit.ly/megarally
2. Call your legislator
- Tell your legislators to choose people over politics and support health care for 275,000 Ohioans in the state budget. Call your legislator at this toll free number: 888-844-5009.
This is an unprecedented opportunity. If Ohio accepts federal dollars and extends health coverage to hundreds of thousands of Ohioans, we can save lives, strengthen Ohio's communities, and strengthen our economy.
Please give as much time and energy as you're willing to give to help us show the Ohio House our support for including Medicaid expansion in the state budget.
Thanks, as always, for your commitment, participation and for spreading the word to your community about this critical rally.
Will Petrik and Gail Clendenin