Trouble viewing? Read this email on the web.
Good afternoon Advocate,
Please join us for a webinar this Wednesday from 3:00 - 4:00 pm to discuss next steps to extend health coverage in the state budget and learn ways to speak up and make our message stronger.
Register here: http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=E955DF84844D39
As you probably know, the Ohio House decided to take out a provision in the state budget that would have extended health coverage to 275,000 Ohioans last week. In response, thousands of people from across the state came together through the wind and rain to ask lawmakers to choose people over politics and extend health coverage to Ohioans.
We expect the House to vote on the budget bill this Thursday, but there's still time to influence House and Senate lawmakers and get Medicaid expansion back in the budget.
The purpose of the webinar is to update supporters across the state on status of Medicaid expansion in the budget. We will share talking points that are working, identify key lawmakers to contact, and discuss all the activity that has happened over the last week and the next steps for action.
We'll hear from leading statewide advocates, including:
- Cathy Levine, Executive Director of UHCAN Ohio and Co-Chair of Ohio Consumers for Health Coverage
- Mark Davis, President of the Ohio Provider Resource Association
- Julie DiRossi, Director of Policy and Public Affairs at the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers
- Teresa Lampl, Associate Director, The Ohio Council of Behavioral Health & Family Services Providers
- Will Petrik, State Director, Advocates for Ohio's Future
Again, please register here: http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=E955DF84844D39
Please share this invitation with other people in your community who are committed to strengthening families and communities. Thanks!
Will Petrik, State Director