Trouble viewing? Read this email on the web.
Good evening Advocate,
The Senate passed its version of the state budget late this afternoon "with more money for schools, tax cuts for businesses," according to the Columbus Dispatch. If you're interested in learning more about how health and human services faired in the Senate version, please join Advocates for Ohio’s Future for our "State Budget and Medicaid Reform Update" webinar on Thursday, June 13 from 3:00 - 4:00 pm.
Click here to register.
The main purpose of the webinar is information and action. Leading statewide advocates will share what's in the Senate version of the state budget and what we still need to work on in Conference Committee to strengthen families and communities in Ohio. Advocates will also provide an update on where talks are at with Medicaid expansion and Medicaid reform and what we can all do to make sure lawmakers stand up and act to extend healthcare coverage to families and communities in Ohio by June 30.
We’ll here from statewide experts, including:
• Larke Recchie, Executive Director of the Ohio Association of Area Agencies on Aging (o4a)
• Mark Davis, President of the Ohio Provider Resource Association (OPRA) and Co-Chair of Advocates for Ohio’s Future
• Lisa Hamler-Fugitt, Executive Director of the Ohio Association of Foodbanks
• Katie Kelly, Director of groundWork
• Col Owens, Senior Attorney at Legal Aid of Southwest Ohio and Co-Chair of Ohio Consumers for Health Coverage (OCHC)
Register now: http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=E956DC86894C31
Please share this invitation with your colleagues and contacts who are committed to strengthening families and communities. Thanks for getting more people involved!
Will Petrik, State Director