Trouble viewing? Read this email on the web.
Medicaid expansion in Ohio is coming to a vote before the Ohio Controlling Board at its next meeting on October 21st, so we need you to join thousands of supporters across the state and take action. Will you contact legislative leaders and Controlling Board members and ask them approve funding for Medicaid expansion?
By now, you know that Medicaid expansion will strengthen Ohio, our economy, and our communities, but we are hearing that there will be a lot of pressure from a small but vocal opposition in the days leading up to the Controlling Board meeting, so we need you to act now.
Will you take 8 minutes to send one email and make 8 calls to legislative leaders and Controlling Board members to ask them to approve the spending (100% federally funded) needed to move ahead with expanding health care coverage to nearly 275,000 Ohioans?
See below for the instructions for the day of action.
Please help spread the word and forward this message on to people in your network who believe in strengthening families and communities in Ohio.
Will Petrik and Gail Clendenin
Instructions for the Day of Action
Step 1: Email Legislative Leaders
- Click here.
- Fill out your zip code (and address if needed).
- Edit / personalize the form email. It makes your message more effective.
Step 2: Call legislative leaders and Controlling Board members using the call script below.
- Senate President Keith Faber -- (614) 466-7584
- Speaker of the House Bill Batchelder -- (614) 466-8140
- Sen. Tom Sawyer -- (614) 466-7041
- Sen. Bill Coley -- (614) 466-8072
- Rep. Ron Amstutz -- (614) 466-1474
- Sen. Pro Tempore Chris Widener -- (614) 466-3780
- Rep. Chris Redfern -- (614) 644-6011
- Rep. Cliff Rosenberger -- (614) 466-3506
Short message: I support the expansion of Medicaid coverage because it will create 30,000 new jobs and it will help Ohioans become more competitive and live better lives. Please approving funding for Medicaid expansion at the Ohio Controlling Board meeting on October 21st.
Extended message: I believe the time to act is now. I thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration and again urge a “Yes” vote on October 21st.
Step 3: Spread the Word
- Forward this info to a friend