Trouble viewing? Read this email on the web.
We want you to know that work is continuing on the Medicaid expansion ballot initiative campaign.
We’ve gotten a number of questions about the status of the campaign in light of the Controlling Board decision last week to accept federal funding for Medicaid expansion in Ohio. The short answer is that work is continuing for the ballot initiative.
- Six legislators and two Right to Life chapters filed a lawsuit after the Controlling Board decision last week arguing that the Controlling Board acted against the “intent of the General Assembly,” violating the Ohio law that created the board. If you are interested in learning more about the lawsuit, click here.
- If the Ohio Supreme Court court does not uphold the Controlling Board action, Medicaid expansion would be in jeopardy.
Because of this uncertainty, we need to continue to collect signatures to get Medicaid expansion on the ballot in 2014.
Here's how you can help:
- Get the training, talking points, and resources to start collecting signatures at our website.
- Get involved as a volunteer at the Healthy Ohioans Work website.
- If you are working with other volunteers, please share this message with them.
Thanks so much again for your energy and ongoing commitment.
Will Petrik and Gail Clendenin