Trouble viewing? Read this email on the web.
2013 has been a year of growth for Advocates for Ohio's Future. It has also been a year of important steps to strengthen families and communities in Ohio and we couldn't have done it without you. Read on for highlights of our work over this year.
2013 Coalition Highlights
- Medicaid expansion passed! The Controlling Board authorized funding to expand Medicaid on Oct. 21. Nearly 366,000 Ohioans are now eligible for health care coverage through the Medicaid program.
- An additional $368 million (state share) was invested over the biennium in families and communities in the state budget.
- 140 organizations endorsed Advocates for Ohio's Future, bringing our endorsing list to over 450 organizations.
- Over 3,500 people participated in two rallies at the Statehouse supporting Medicaid expansion. Hundreds more participated in events held across the state.
- AOF organized 10 action alerts asking supporters to email and call lawmakers to strengthen Ohio. Over 2,200 Ohioans took action making hundreds of calls and sending over 15,000 emails to members of the General Assembly to support health and human services in the state budget.
Read the full summary of our 2013 goals and outcomes here.
We are also pleased to announce that we have met our $10,000 match grant goal from the Gund Foundation, thanks to generous donations from individuals and organizations who believe in our mission to strengthen families and communities. The Gund Foundation has given us the opportunity to work toward another $10,000 match grant goal in 2014. If you can commit to support our work in the new year with a donation, please send Will Petrik an email.
Thank you for being a part of our coalition's growth and success in 2013. We look forward to working with you next year to continue strengthening families and communities so all Ohioans can live better lives.
Wishing you a very happy new year!
Will Petrik & Gail Clendenin