You are invited to a webinar, “The 2014 Mid-biennium Review,” on Thursday, April 3 from 10:00 -11:00 a.m. This is a great opportunity to learn more from an all-star lineup of speakers about proposed budget and policy changes in Ohio.
Click here to register.
In recent weeks, Governor Kasich introduced a Mid-biennium Review bill (MBR) to propose budget and policy ideas to transform Ohio. It has been split into 14 different pieces of legislation and is currently being discussed in a number of House committees.
The purpose of the webinar is to discuss the MBR and learn more about changes to health and human services, education and workforce development in Ohio.
We will hear from a number of statewide leaders, including:
- Mark Davis, Co-Chair, Advocates for Ohio's Future and President of the Ohio Provider Resource Association
- Tracy Plouck, Director, Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Tracy Intihar, Director, Governor's Office of Workforce Transformation
- Dr. Richard A. Ross, Superintendent of Public Instruction, Ohio Department of Education
- Joel Potts, Executive Director of Ohio Job & Family Services Directors' Association (OJFSDA)
The coming weeks will be critical to ensure that the legislature strengthens Ohio’s families and communities as bills move through the House and the Senate.
Register now at: www.anymeeting.com/AccountManager/RegEv.aspx?PIID=EA54D98888483E
Please forward this to colleagues or volunteers to help us engage more people in your network.
Will Petrik and Gail Clendenin
Advocates for Ohio's Future