Trouble reading? View it on the web.
Food for Advocacy: State Budget Update and Highlight on Mental and Physical Health Webinar on March 19, 3p.m.
The state budget bill includes funding and policy decisions that impact all areas of health and human services, including health care and behavioral health. Big changes are proposed for programs that deliver health care to Ohioans.
Join us for a webinar about opportunities and challenges in the state budget. The webinar will highlight behavioral health care and Medicaid, with guest speakers from UHCAN Ohio and the Ohio Council of Behavioral Health and Family Service Providers.
Register here for the webinar on Thursday, March 19 from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- What advocates have already discovered in the state budget
- Proposed changes to Ohio’s Medicaid program, including eligibility requirements and changes impacting pregnant women and people with breast and cervical cancer
- Proposed changes to Ohio’s behavioral health system, including the transition to managed care
- How you can advocate for health care during the state budget process
Guest Speakers will include:
- Col Owens, Co-Chair of Advocates for Ohio's Future and Senior Attorney for Legal Aid of Southwest Ohio
- Cathy Levine, Executive Director, Universal Health Care Action Network (UHCAN Ohio)
- Teresa Lampl, Associate Director, Ohio Council of Behavioral Health and Family Service Providers