Big changes are coming for Ohioans who are 60+ and Ohioans with disabilities. The Ohio Department of Medicaid has announced changes to streamline the Medicaid program by eliminating spend-down after August 2016. The changes will bring a greater number of people into Medicaid but will also result in some people losing their benefits. The transition is complex, continues to evolve, and holds severe repercussions for many Ohioans' health care coverage.
Register for our webinar Wednesday, June 22 at noon for an overview of the changes from various stakeholders in the process, and to learn what options are available to those affected.
The webinar will cover:
• An overview of the transition from spend-down to Medicaid
• Who will be affected by the changes in services
• Timeline and next steps in this health care system transition
• Beth Kowalczyk, Ohio Association of Area Agencies on Aging
• Jeanne Carroll, Ohio Jobs and Family Services Directors Association
• Steve Wagner, Universal Health Care Action Network of Ohio
• Teresa Lampl, The Ohio Council of Behavioral Health and Family Services Providers
Register now for the spend-down webinar on June 22nd at noon.