Trouble viewing? Read this email on the web.
The Ohio legislature is currently negotiating the biennial state budget bill that will determine funding for vital public services and supports over the next two years. Passing a new state budget presents a big opportunity to advocate to strengthen Ohio’s families and communities. Over the next several months AOF and our partners will focus on helping Ohioans be safe in their homes, afford the basics, and find good jobs that ensure family stability, and invite you to join us.
Register for our webinar
Tuesday, March 28 from 3-3:45 p.m. to learn how the state budget is negotiated and ways to get involved in efforts to strengthen Ohio’s human services programs.
The webinar will cover:
- An overview of the state budget process
- Where to find budget resources and how to use them
- What it means to be an effective advocate
- How to find and engage with your state lawmakers
Guest speakers will include:
- Tara Britton, Director of Public Policy and Advocacy, The Center for Community Solutions
- William Tartar, Policy and Planning Associate and Community Advocacy, The Center for Community Solutions
Register now for our State Budget 101 webinar and we'll see you March 28!