Trouble viewing? Read this email on the web.
The harsh reality for too many workers is that a job doesn’t mean a living. While Ohio’s families are bringing in less money in an economy that has shifted toward more low-wage, part-time and temporary jobs, the costs to support a family have gone up. By ensuring all Ohioans have the appropriate education and skills to be competitive and the necessary supports to bridge the gap between what they earn and what they need, we make Ohio’s workforce more competitive.
Register for our webinar Tuesday, April 18 at noon to learn how targeted, smart investments in the state budget can create good jobs, increase opportunity for all Ohioans, and make Ohio’s economy stronger.
In the webinar we’ll discuss:
Guest speakers will include:
- What programs are in place to support working Ohioans
- How expanding the SNAP Employment & Training Program helps more Ohioans find and maintain meaningful employment
- What impact work supports, including child care and the Earned Income Tax Credit, have on employment
Register now for our Removing Barriers to Work webinar and we’ll see you April 18!
- Wendy Patton, Senior Project Director, Policy Matters Ohio
- Hannah Halbert, Workforce Researcher, Policy Matters Ohio
- Kalitha Williams, Policy Liaison, Policy Matters Ohio