Friday, May 18, 2018
Advocates for Ohio's Future News Highlights
Bills Introduced This Week
- HB 644 (Clyde, K) OHIO REDISTRICTING COMMISSION PROCESS - To specify public records, public meetings, and other requirements with which the Ohio Redistricting Commission, the General Assembly, and the Legislative Task Force on Redistricting and Demographic Research must comply during the redistricting process.
- HB 645 (Howse, S) LSC-HUMAN IMPACT STATEMENTS - To require the Director of the Legislative Service Commission to prepare a human impact statement concerning a bill or resolution that proposes to amend the law governing criminal justice
- HB 649 (Becker, J) GENERAL ASSEMBLY PAY-MEDIAN INCOME - To enact the "Average Wage Fully Uniform Law (AWFUL)" to set the baseline compensation for General Assembly members equal to Ohio's median household income.
- HB 652-(Howse, S) LOVING STATE INDEX - To create the Loving State Index and the Loving State Index Commission to evaluate and rank municipal corporations in Ohio regarding critical supports that are vital to student academic success in order to identify gaps in opportunity for low-income individuals and minority individuals
- HB 660-(Howse, S/Kelly, B) PUBLIC ASSISTANCE RECIPIENT EMPLOYERS - To require an annual report about certain employers of public assistance recipients.
- HB 661-(Miller, A) STATE ADOPTION ASSISTANCE LOAN REPAYMENT - To allow the Director of Job and Family Services to waive repayment of a state adoption assistance loan for economically disadvantaged families.
Poverty and Supporting Work
Jobs, Wages and Workforce Development
Health Care & Medicaid
Homelessness and Housing
Food and Nutrition
Behavioral Health Redesign
Early Childhood Education & Children Services
Mental Health and Addiction
Share this email and encourage your friends and colleagues to subscribe to AOF's newsletter.
Do you have a health and human services article or an upcoming event you'd like to share? Send us an email and let us know!*
*Please note, AOF will screen suggested content based on our mission and status as a nonpartisan coalition. A submission does not guarantee inclusion in the newsletter.