Friday August 17, 2018
Advocates for Ohio's Future News Highlights
Advocates for Ohio's Future is proud to join the coordinated Vote for Ohio Kids effort. Ohio's next Governor must put kids front and center on their agenda and invest in proven, high-quality early childhood experiences and ensure access in essential healthcare services so all our kids have the opportunity to succeed.
After all, our kids are our future.
Learn more about the Vote for Ohio Kids campaign here
- HB 720 Require voter approval to increase county sales tax (N. Antani, J. Smith)
Poverty and Work Supports
Jobs, Economy, Wages and Workforce Development
Health Care & Medicaid
Mental Health and Addiction
Homelessness and Housing
- Ohio Association of Area Agencies on Aging Aging in Ohio 2018 Workshop Wednesday, September 19 Columbus
- Vote for Ohio Kids Leadership Forum Wednesday, September 27 Columbus
- Ohio Medicaid Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Stakeholder Engagement Meetings: Learn more and sign up here
- The Ohio Department of Medicaid will be hosting a series of regional meetings to discuss the current Medicaid non-emergency medical transportation system and ways to improve the system. These meetings will be held regionally and feature sessions targeted towards hearing input from transportation providers and consumer advocates
- Ohio Association of County Behavioral Health Authorities: 2018 Recovery Conference October 1-2 Columbus
Share this email and encourage your friends and colleagues to subscribe to AOF's newsletter.
Do you have a health and human services article or an upcoming event you'd like to share? Send us an email and let us know!*
*Please note, AOF will screen suggested content based on our mission and status as a nonpartisan coalition. A submission does not guarantee inclusion in the newsletter.