Friday August 31, 2018
Advocates for Ohio's Future News Highlights
- HB 724 To restrict persons designated as abusive civil action plaintiffs from filing civil actions against certain defendants without the court's permission (Duffy M, Antonio N, Rogers J)
- HB 725 Requires entities funded through the Ohio Parenting and Pregnancy Program to provide only medically accurate information (Sykes E, Boyd J)
- HB 727 Authorize an income tax credit for investments in an Ohio Opportunity Zone
Food and Nutrition
- CLASP: Farm Bill Amendment Would Ban SNAP for Formerly Incarcerated
- "Representative George Holding (R-NC) filed a troubling amendment that was adopted in the House farm bill. It would impose a lifetime ban on SNAP for returning citizens convicted of certain violent felonies. The ban would apply regardless of when the crime was committed, sentence completion, and compliance with terms of release. This could markedly reduce assistance for those who live with returning citizens, especially their children who are particularly vulnerable due to loss of financial support."
Poverty and Work Supports
Jobs, Economy, Wages and Workforce Development
Health Care & Medicaid
Kids and Families
Homelessness and Housing
Share this email and encourage your friends and colleagues to subscribe to AOF's newsletter.
Do you have a health and human services article or an upcoming event you'd like to share? Send us an email and let us know!*
*Please note, AOF will screen suggested content based on our mission and status as a nonpartisan coalition. A submission does not guarantee inclusion in the newsletter.