Friday September 28, 2018
Advocates for Ohio's Future News Highlights
Voter Registration Deadline: OCTOBER 9, 2018
Click Here to to Register to Vote, Check your Registration, Update your Address, Check your Polling Locations, and learn more about the Election November 6th
- HB 734 (LaTourette, Lipps) Breakfast programs at public schools
- SB 330 (Schiavoni) Include mental health education in school curriculum
Older Adults and Aging
- Dayton Daily News: More Ohioans required to report suspected elder abuse
- "Beginning Saturday, mandatory reporters will include many more individuals in the financial services, legal and medical professions, including pharmacists, dialysis technicians, firefighters, first responders, building inspectors, CPAs, real estate agents, bank employees, financial planners and notary publics"
Mental Health and Addiction
Homelessness and Housing
Jobs, Economy, Wages and Workforce Development
- Health Policy Institute of Ohio (HPIO) Report: What works to increase self-sufficient employment
- 3 Key Findings for Policymakers
- Many Ohioans are not prepared for self-sufficient employment because they lack postsecondary credentials, as well as the financial resources and/or family and community support to attain them
- Most of the jobs with the highest number of openings in Ohio do not pay self-sufficient wages or offer health insurance benefits
- There are evidence-based policies that state policymakers can act on to prepare more Ohioans for self-sufficient employment
Children and Families
Share this email and encourage your friends and colleagues to subscribe to AOF's newsletter.
Do you have a health and human services article or an upcoming event you'd like to share? Send us an email and let us know!*
*Please note, AOF will screen suggested content based on our mission and status as a nonpartisan coalition. A submission does not guarantee inclusion in the newsletter.