Friday November 30, 2018
Advocates for Ohio's Future News Highlights
Don't Forget! The period to enroll in a 2019 health insurance plan is
OPEN NOW and closes December 15th.
If you or someone you know could use some help with the enrollment process, check out this great resource from our members at UHCAN Ohio!
- HJR 19 (LaTourette, Holmes) Amend the Constitution of the State of Ohio to modify the requirements for the initiative petition process
- HB 777 (Merrin) Income Tax Reduction Act-Lower income tax rates by the amount necessary to round each tax rate percentage down to the nearest one-tenth of one per cent beginning in 2018
- SB 340 (Beagle) Creates the Ohio Statewide Independent Living Council
Mental Health and Addiction
Health and Medicaid
- Policy Matters Ohio (Report): Medicaid supports Ohio jobs
- "Since Ohio accepted federal funds to expand Medicaid in 2014, the program has provided health insurance to more than 1 million Ohioans. It has strengthened the state’s economy and put tens of thousands of Ohioans to work. Ohio will have almost 54,000 more full and part-time jobs in 2019 than it would have had we not expanded Medicaid."
Poverty & Work Supports
Jobs, Economy, Wages and Workforce Development
Housing and Homelessness
Older Adults and Aging
HHS Job Corner
Share this email and encourage your friends and colleagues to subscribe to AOF's newsletter.
Do you have a health and human services article or an upcoming event you'd like to share? Send us an email and let us know!*
*Please note, AOF will screen suggested content based on our mission and status as a nonpartisan coalition. A submission does not guarantee inclusion in the newsletter.